Why is technology important at TOTEM ?
TOTEM is a technology company since DAY 1. Founders are 3 tops engineers from Ecole Polytechnique & Centrale Paris, that had customer experience & process automation in mind at the very beginning of the company. That’s why technology is at the core of TOTEM’s DNA, also we believe it's a main competitive advantage.
TOTEM has two products :
- the TOTAPP that make it easy for employees to request & adapt the quantities of the product he’d love to see in his cafeteria. It aims at connecting breaks areas in the workspace, digitalizing them and improving their sexiness to the eyes of employees. It's also a social network where averybody can find information about their team, their breaks, and the product they love to eat.
- the TOTEND that leverage hardware & software to fully automate the logistic supply chain processes of warehouses, from end to end. We use connected cart to have 0% errors on orders preparation and lots of technical solutions to improve traceability and full control over the operations. We aims at making this product a reference for warehouse management for the next decades to come.
What does a Data Engineer do at TOTEM ?
One mission: improve our logistic supply chain, our stock prediction, build machine learning pipelines and enforce them through time. You'll also be in charge of building our data infrastructure
We like to describe our jobs opening with TOTEM’s 5 CORE VALUES :
MAKE IT & OWN IT : your ideas will be welcomed, and you’ll be responsible of all aspects related to your engineering work : technical design, development, testing, documentation, deployment, maintainability.
UNLEASH THE ARTIST : anytime you want, you shall have a break at the TOTEM and discuss to other team members to get new ideas, new insights, get a better understanding of the vision, the needs and the knowledge we had gather as a team.
MAKE IMPACT POSITIVELY EVERYDAY : everyday you will wake up and be considered as equal with everybody, as long as you care and you dare to move things, break them sometimes, but always going forward and pouring positive energy to the team.
TOGETHER NO LIMITS : you’ve try something once, twice and it did not work as you expected ? Don’t abort mission. Try 10 times more with the help of others, you will find that discovery comes faster with a group of people that work together.
ROOT YOURSELF : you are very talented and you master a lot of hard skills as well as soft skills such as communication, autonomy, kindness, and so on. While being such a rock star, remember to stay humble, and find the balance that will keep you (and your APIs) out of messy troubles.
Our Technical Stack
- Python 3 & PySpark
- MongoDB & PostGreSQL for our database
- React for our front-end
- GraphQL & Apollo for our data layers
- Serverless & NodeJS for our back-end & APIs
- Styled component for CSS styling
- Kubernetes, Kubeless & Docker for infrastructure
- Github for repositories & CI/CD
- Sentry & Kibana for logging